Our 2017 quarterly meeting schedule has been established. Please take the time to mark these meeting dates on your calendar.
- Monday December 4th 7pm to 9:30pm @ Comstock
- Comstock Community Center -180 School St Wilton, CT
Wilton CERT Training Director
Each fall, there is a basic CERT training class:
Earlier Training Class pictures:
- Wilton CERT conducts an annual Basic CERT Training program. This class is open to all members of the community 16 or older that have an interest in learning more about Disaster Preparedness to help their own families, friends and/or community in the case of a disaster. FEMA strictly limits the class size. It would be desired that you make all, but at a minimum, you must make 5 of the 6 classes for certification.
- Wilton CERT, in conjunction with New Canaan CERT, will be conducting it's annual Basic CERT Training program beginning on 10/11/17. It is a 20 hour course and is required for CERT Team membership. All graduating persons 18 and older will be invited to join our local CERT team.
If you desire to ultimately join a CERT unit, it is desired that you make all classes, but at a minimum, you must make 5 of the 6 classes in order to receive certification.
Directions to the various locations will follow as time draws nearer. Parking is available at these locations and these locations are barrier-free accessible.
|Wed||10/11/17||7 to 10 pm||Disaster Preparedness & Disasters||New Canaan - Lapham Community Center|
|Wed||10/18/17||7 to 10 pm||Disaster Medical Operations 1 & 2||New Canaan - Lapham Community Center|
|Wed||10/25/17||7 to 10 pm||CERT Organization||Wilton - Comstock Community Center|
|Sat||10/28/17||8 am to 12 pm||Fire Safety; Search and Rescue (SAR)||New Canaan - Lapham Community Center|
|Wed||11/01/17||7 to 10 pm||Disaster Psychology: Terrorism & CERT||Wilton - Comstock Community Center|
|Sat||11/04/17||8 am to 12 pm||Course Review; Final Exam; (Exercises)||Wilton - Town Hall Annex; (Firehouse)|
- Before starting the course, participants must be registered with Robert Shulman.- email@example.com Register by email.
Manuals will be provided.
- Upon completion of the course:
Participants who successfully complete the full curriculum have the opportunity to volunteer as members of Wilton CERT. Members of Wilton CERT are provided with a Red Cross backpack, basic disaster gear, and a Town Identification Card. Graduates of CERT Training will promptly be offered CPR and AED skills learning at no cost.
- For further information