Our 2017 quarterly meeting schedule has been established. Please take the time to mark these meeting dates on your calendar.
- Monday February 27th 7pm to 9:30pm @ Trackside
- Monday May 22nd 7pm to 9:30pm @ Comstock
- Monday September 18th 7pm to 9:30pm @ Comstock
- Monday December 4th 7pm to 9:30pm @ Comstock
- Trackside Teen Center- 15 Station Rd, Wilton, CT
- Comstock Community Center -180 School St Wilton, CT
Wilton CERT Training Director
Each fall, there is a basic CERT training class:
Earlier Training Class pictures:
- Wilton CERT conducts an annual Basic CERT Training program. This class is open to all members of the community 16 or older that have an interest in learning more about Disaster Preparedness to help their own families, friends and/or community in the case of a disaster. FEMA strictly limits the class size. It would be desired that you make all, but at a minimum, you must make 5 of the 6 classes for certification.
- The initial training is conducted over 6 sessions. The course includes:
- Introduction to Disaster Preparedness
- Emergency Medical Operations
- Incident Command, Team Organization
- Disaster Psychology
- Terrorism & Sheltering in Place
- Fire Suppression & Light Search and Rescue
- Before starting the course, participants must be registered with Robert Shulman. Register by email.Click for email registration.
Manuals will be provided.
- Upon completion of the course:
Participants who successfully complete the full curriculum have the opportunity to volunteer as members of Wilton CERT. Members of Wilton CERT are provided with a Red Cross backpack, basic disaster gear, and a Town Identification Card. Graduates of CERT Training will promptly be offered CPR and AED skills learning at no cost.
- For further information