FUNDING FOR WILTON COMMONS|
Funding for Wilton Commons came from many sources including:
The total construction cost exceeded $10.3 million.
- Contributions from private organizations and local residents to Wilton Commons Inc, a qualified tax exempt 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.
- The State of Connecticut through the Department of Economic and Community Development
- The Connecticut Housing Finance Authority, through the Low Income Housing Tax Credit program
- The National Equity Fund, an affiliate of the Local Initiatives Support Corporation, provided the balance of the financing.
- The Town of Wilton provided the site through a long-term lease to Wilton Commons Inc. for one dollar per year, a commitment valued at over $2 million.