Encore offers many different activities and is willing to start new groups as the interest arises. Below this list is a month by month calendar. Encore has a monthly newsletter that is sent to all members announcing the monthly luncheon, all the activities scheduled for the month and any news about our members. We currently offer the following activities that can change at any time:|
For information on any of the above, send an email to email@example.com
- Book Discussion - This group meets once a month, has lunch together and discusses the book of the month. This book is chosen either by the group or the leader for that month.See pictures of the group.
- Bridge -- Bridge meets every Monday at the Comstock Community Center to play many hands of bridge. The group has great fellowship, some snacks and drinks and congenial playing.
- Chick Flick -- Meets once a month for dinner and a current fun movie.
- Monthly Coffees -- The club holds a Monthly Coffee, the first Friday of the month, at different members' homes. The event is a very casual visit with other Encore members and anyone you would like to invite as a guest, are welcome to attend.
- Evening Get-together -- Once a year on a weekend evening we hold a gathering for couples, spouses and friends to join together for food, drink and socializing. It is usually held at a member's home.
- Fall Theater Trips -- When members will go to NYC to see a hit Broadway play. Usually there are 20 tickets available for members
- Fundraiser - This event is held in the Fall to raise a donation to a worthy cause or organization in Wilton. For several years it has been held at the Shore and Country Club in Norwalk. The luncheon has a fashion show and sometimes a silent auction and raffle.
- Holiday Party -- Holiday Party - This event is held on the second Sunday in December. In recent years it has been held at the Wilton Congregational Church. All members, spouses and friends are invited for a festive evening of delicious food and music..
- International Travel Discussions -- Four times a year someone from the club tells of their adventures while traveling to a distant place. Slides or movies or pictures are shown to describe the trip and a dialogue between those attending compare notes. - See pictures of the group.
- Lofthopping -- Visiting studios of artists and fine crafters.
- Lunch Bunch -- A casual luncheon held each month in a "new" restaurant. "New" meaning it has not been one that has held a general meeting and also one that is different and well rated.
- Mahjong -- The group meets every Wednesday to play at the Comstock Community Center.
- Special Luncheons for Membership - More formalized luncheons held for membership about four times a year.See pictures of the group.
- Annual Tea Party - An afternoon event usually held in the spring at a member's home. Modeled after an English tea party, members often wear big spring hats and enjoy lots of delicious finger food and tea.
- New Activities are always WELCOME!
Annual Events of Encore Club of Wilton
|September||First Luncheon of the new year |
|October ||Annual Fall fund-raiser Luncheon at Shore and Country Club |
|November ||Lunch Bunch|
Theatre Trip to NYC
|December||Holiday Party |
Holiday Special Luncheon
|January ||Lunch Bunch|
|March||Election of next year's officer at the Luncheon|
|April ||Lunch Bunch|
Evening Get Together
|May ||Luncheon recognition of past year's officers and installation of next year's officer usually held at a special place like a country club.|
|June||Combined Board Meeting |
For information on any of the above, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org