Wilton CCLC classes are open to any adult. Neighbors from surrounding communities are welcome. Each course runs from one to six sessions. Each session is two hours long. The general course offerings are listed below. Not all courses are offered in each period. |
The following forms are in Microsoft Word format.
- Download the current period offerings by clicking here.
- After selecting the courses of interest, download the registration form by clicking here. You can then fill this out in your word processor, and send it back by attaching to this email: email@example.com
- [If you can do all the above, you are probably a graduate of most of the courses ;>) ]
For more information or to reserve a spot in one of these courses, call CCLC at 834-6410 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- OPEN COMPUTER LAB
- Every Wednesday Morning, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- These open lab sessions are designed for you to drop in and use the computers
while CCLC Instructors are available to help you with your computer
questions and challenges. No registration is necessary for these sessions - just stop in!
- INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTERS
- This is an introductory course for beginners and those who are afraid of computers but would like to join the information age. This course will provide you with the concepts. The class will introduce computer terminology, turning on and shutting down the computer, mouse skills, Windows basics, printing, and email. The emphasis is on practical everyday usage of the computer.
- This 2-session course on Excel will focus on basic formatting and maintaining data.
This will be a good precursor to the course entitled "Merging Word & Excel".
- DIGITAL CAMERA BASICS
- Students will learn how to use their digital camera and computer together. Students should be familiar with their cameras and bring them to class with fully charged batteries. Some computer knowledge is necessary.
- BASIC WORD
- This class will review the basics of this powerful word processing program including essential vocabulary, concepts, and features. You will create and format documents, letters, tables, envelopes and labels.
- WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A COMPUTER
- MANAGING YOUR COMPUTER
- Learn how to create folders and shortcuts, focus on file management. Find files when you canít remember their name. Learn how to scan a disk, defragment a disk, and manage your documents. Prerequisite: good computer skills.
- MAIL MERGE WITH WORD
- Learn how to mail merge letters, envelopes, and labels. Prerequisite: Prior word experience and knowledge of setting up a document.
- USING MS PUBLISHER AND MS WORD TO CREATE DOCUMENTS
- Have fun creating business cards, newsletters greeting cards and more using Microsoft PUBLISHER and Microsoft WORD.
- GETTING AROUND THE INTERNET
- Learn how to navigate the Internet. This course introduces the basics and some advanced capabilities of the Internet. You will learn about search engines, directories, and how to get information on weather, maps and directions and health .
- CURRENT SCHEDULE:
- March 17 & 20 - Intro to Computer Fundamentals:
- March 24 & 25 - Intro to Basic Word
- April 14 & 16 - Use of Graphic Tools in Word
- April 20 & 22 - More Steps in Using Word Graphic Toolbars
- April 27, 28, & 30 - Getting Around the Internet
Volunteers staff our learning center for a few hours each day. They attempt to answer your calls and messages promptly, but please be patient.
We do not confirm registrations. You will be contacted if class is cancelled due to an unavailable instructor or some other unforeseen problem.
Course costs depend on the length of each course, see each course description for fee. They are kept very low through the willingness of our instructors to volunteer their time. CCLC is always looking to "hire" more volunteer instructors & coaches.
Please contact us about these opportunities!