WESTCHESTER COUNTY (N.Y.) CHAPTER,
SOCIETY FOR THE PRESERVATION AND ENCOURAGEMENT
OF BARBERSHOP QUARTET SINGING IN AMERICA|
HALL OF HONOR
In early 1984, the Chapter's Board of Directors, at the suggestion of President Frank Hendricks, decided that the Chapter should have a Hall of Honor as a permanent tribute to members who had served us well, and who embodied those character traits which we consider as essential to an outstanding Barbershopper.
The need for a Hall of Honor was brought into focus by the untimely passing of Charter Member Joe Jordan, a man who had served the Chapter faithfully over the entire span of its history. In addition, Joe personified the character traits of an ideal Barbershopper. Therefore, it was decided to establish this award, to designate Joe as the first inductee, and to use him as a model against which future inductees would be judged.
In order to qualify for Membership in the Westchester County Chapter's Hall of Honor, a man must meet the following criteria:
- 1. He must be an outstanding Barbershopper in every way.
- 2. He must have been a member of the Westchester County Chapter for many years.
- 3. During those year, he must have compiled a consistent record of service to the Chapter.
- 4. He must embody to a satisfactory degrees the character, ideals, and principles of Joe Jordan, which include leadership, good musicianship, gentlemanly behavior, courtesy, kindness, sincerity, integrity, and a sense of humor.
- 5. He must be elected by a unanimous vote of the Chapter's Board of Directors.
- 6. No more than five designees may be elected in any one year, and it is not necessary that any be elected in any particular year.
Members of Westchester County Chapter's Hall of Honor
Members pictured at the recent 50th Anniversary Celebration
- Joe Jordan
- Jim Edwards
- Gardner Peene
- Bob Craig
- Ernie Matson
- Bill Park
- Walt Arvidson
- Graham Hubbel
- Art Merrill
- Fred Steinkamp
- Dave Frankland
- Walter Peek
- Tom LaMotte
- Steve Delehanty
- Bill Rowell
- John Finkbiner
- Doug Chapman
- Mike Calhoun
- Al Fennell
- Angelo Sticca
- Tom Pease
- Bob Negaard
- Dave Schuman
- Phil Richards
Return to Home Page