Red Hat Society
"Frankly Scarlet, I don't give a damn" Chapter
Hi my Red Hat friends,
For those who have already signed up to see the play Menopause, the Musical the tickets will cost exactly $40. Please send a check made out to me, Anne Richards, in the amount of $40 and send it to me with a self addressed stamped envelope for your tickets to Anne Richards, 59 Old Highway, Wilton, CT 06897.
There will be about 25 of us going so it brought the price to an extremely reasonable price. 14 Red Hats will be joining us from the Fairfield chapter.
We have seats on one side since we couldn't get as many from our chapter as I thought we could as quickly as I thought we would.
Also, just a reminder for most of our members, that dues are due each June so that we can renew on a timely basis. If you have not paid them as yet, please make a check to Anne Richards, for $6.00 and send it to the same address as above.
Lots of things are happening in August:
1. August 8th, Tuesday, Bring your beach chair and snacks or dinner and bug spray, to Levitt Pavillion in Westport to enjoy the music of the Westchester Chordsmen Chorus and many of their quartets. This will be a free concert. Show begins at 8:00. Features barbershop, Doo-Wop, Gospel, show music and Broadway. I will be here for this show, my husband is in this chorus and they are terrific!
ALSO on the same date, I just got this if you would like to do this, please let them know. Bar2d2@snet.net August 8th First Annual Beach Party Full sit down dinner with show. Amarante,s on the water in New Haven.
"Out To Lunch!!!
An Original Musical Comedy by Doug Lapham a.k.a. "Barnswallow Farquahr" of the nationally known comedy group"The Fabulous Farquahr". Out To Lunch" is written, directed, and performed by people with at least a century of combined professional theatrical experience.
"Out To Lunch' Three women don their red hats at their monthly luncheon and share humorous and sentimental stories,spreading waistlines, aging parents grandchildren.,crotchety husbands.,. gossipy galls', widow dating after 60... Amarante's Island Breeze menu with surf side chicken and Lean pork Tenderloin with all the fixings, rum punch, lemonade,desserts etc. Prizes will be given to the most outrageous,cutest, prettiest etc. Door Prizes!!!Total cost $40.00 doors open @11:30,lunch @12,dinner @1pm
2. AUGUST 12 CAPTAIN'S COVE RESCHEDULED!!! WE HAD FUN IN THE RAIN, BUT WE WILL HAVE MORE IF THE SUN SHINES! BOAT RIDES, FOOD, MUSIC ALL RESCHEDULED FOR US! STOP BY ANYTIME NOON OR AFTER FOR THIS COUNTY WIDE EVENT!
3. AUGUST 22 - 7:30 PM BRING YOUR PICNIC BASKET TO LEVITT PAVILLION IN WESTPORT FOR A GREAT FREE CONCERT FEATURING MAUREEN HAMILL. YOU WILL LOVE HER MUSIC!!!!!! BRING A BEACH CHAIR, BUG SPRAY, CANDLES AND OF COURSE, YOUR HAT!!!!
4. AUGUST 27 SUNDAY FAIRFIELD'S RED HELLIONS HAVE INVITED US TO BE A PART OF A RED HAT GARDEN PARTY. LOCATION BEAGAN'S BARN CORNER CONGRESS AND REDDING ROAD, FAIRFIELD. TIME: 2 PM INITIALS A-M PLEASE BRING FINGER FOOD TO SHARE, INITIALS N-Z PLEASE BRING DESSERT TO SHARE. EVERYONE BRING YOUR OWN TEA CUP AND WHATEVER TYPE OF BEVERAGE YOU PREFER TO PUT IN IT!!!!!!! YOU CAN BE CREATIVE ON THAT ONE!!! SORRY I CANNOT BE A PART OF THIS ONE. IT HAS BEEN WONDERFUL FUN IN THE PAST BUT PHIL AND I WILL BE ON VACATION.
5. In September we will be going to a restaurant, unknown at this moment, for lunch, no date at this moment, to get together to plan next year. Each person who has not yet taken a meeting will now have an opportunity to take us on an adventure, go to lunch visit something exciting, do something unusual, create something or just go to a movie or show.
6. Jeannie Stolting has already volunteered to have the holiday party at her home on Dirksen in Wilton in December.
I look forward to seeing each of you sometime in the near future. Don't forget your dues, money for the play or whatever else you can think of. Make NOTE of each of these and let me know what ones you will be coming to. 762-0033 Call friends w/o email and let them know.
Anne Queen Bee Richards